Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

so blessed with these women and little girl in my life

What an awesome day! I have to say, I was a little nervous in the days leading up to my shower. I sort of knew who was coming but I forgot, so the wonder of who I would see was exciting. I also have discovered that I am shy when reading cards and opening gifts in front of everyone- I don't mind being the center of attention, but I guess since I am pregnant, I do mind. It's weird how I am changing and learning things about myself everyday!

My two sister in laws Toni & Marianna hosted a baby shower for me at Toni's house. A small intimate party with my family and closest friends. a few people couldn't make it, but it actually turned out to be PERFECT! The two of them made EVERYTHING from the appetizers to the key lime pie muffins (which were to die for).  They made hummus, quiche, Bean salad I mean you name it, it was on the table! 

 We all sat outside of the deck, chatted up a storm and had some laughs! We even played a few games one of which was to see who's measurement was closest to the measurement of the circumference of my belly! HA! One side of the table was WAY off , and the other side was SUPER close. Stacy won that one, and my sister Donna won the Questions game. Everyone had to answer multiple choice questions, then hide the napkin. Marianna asked me the questions and whoever answered most of my answers correctly won. So both girls won delicious smelling candles! 


Heather and Erica set everything up. They did such a beautiful job with everything. It was organized pretty, and just so layed back and fun.


My God Daughter was the highlight of my weekend! I don't get to see her much but she is so delicious! I love her so much! She is 2 1/2 years old already- MY time flies! WE told her about the baby and showed her the sonogram pics, and this little girl looked at the picture and said "baby sleeping?" I mean, to me, for her to actually recognize a face and see the eyes closed at her age, I think she is a genious! :O)


Baby Sasha got the most amazing gifts, mostly what was on her registry, so I am so thankful I don't have to retun anything. Only scary part.... WHERE THE HECK DO I PUT EVERYTHING! LORDY!

After my beautiful shower, I went home and cooked for daddy- of course, it was Sunday and when the man wants meatballs and pasta, how do I say no? He is s spoiled boy! Lord help me! So after dinner, we usually walk, but I was exhausted, so I sat down and did all my thank you notes, while everything was fresh in my mind.

It truly was a beautiful day filled with a group of beautiful women celebrating this beautiful little girl who will be here before we know it! Sasha is loved so much already and everyone is too excited to meet her..... Um, especially Momma!

In my next post, I will BRAG about the fabulous gifts I got and why I picked the things I did on my registry... But for now, I have to head to Whole Foods...No break for this pregnant Goddess!
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment