Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

An old trend that is back...



There are quite a few things that remind me of my mother. Every time I smell Shalimar perfume by Guerlain, everytime I hear a song from the 60's- ya know... all the Doo Wop music, and every time I see Owls in the stores. It makes me think she was way ahead of the times with her decor. I remember growing up, she always kept her house super neat, very decorative and so welcoming! She passed on a few traits to me. One is obsessive cleaning, which I admit to being a little OCD. She also was famous for rearranging furniture so much that one night my dad came home and almost broke his neck, because he didn't turn on the lights and bumped into a piece of furniture! I have that gene also. I am forever changing things, where I have to leave a sticky not on the cabinets so Mario knows where everything is! 



Since last year, I have noticed in Papyrus, Home Goods, Pier 1 Imports, and even in the Gap, that Owls are the biggest trend! At first I thought it was a "HOT SECOND" type of trend, but after over a year , and still popping up everywhere, I think it's safe to say Owls will be sticking around!

Makes me wonder if my mom has saved ALL things Owl from her Owl collecting days!


Here are some things that caught my eye!



These gorgeous "Hoo's" can be found at Pier1 Imports and Pottery Barn 


I won't be sporting these Owl pumps, but if you go onto Neiman Marcus, You sure can! The baby onsie is also from Neiman Marcus made by Stella Mccartney

SO?? What do you think if these "HOO-sies and What-sies??
XO Tina




2 comments:

  1. HI!!!!!
    catching up on your posts, 32 weeks along already???
    wow!!!!!
    your looking fabulous as always!!!
    and..
    my daughters had matching owl t-shirts last year which my sister got for them. she is always following along the latest trends!!!

    thank you for your encouragement on my blog btw!i will try to win the next few races, even though they will a lot bigger than the last one I ran!
    heres hoping I can get in some good speed works outs this week! since I know you cant run like you want right now, i'll add in a few extra miles and repeats just for you and babg g!!
    :)
    not too much longer and you will be back at it,chica!
    you got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that your little girl is so trendy!
      Please run for me! I can't wait until we are comparing our run times, although, I think you have some sort of running super power that I doubt I can catch up to, BUT I will try! XOXOXO

      I'll keep checking in on you!
      XOXO

      Delete