Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Baby Shower Part Two



I LOVED my invite! How perfect!
How many mom's are lucky enough to have two baby showers? My oh my! Well I have to say I am lucky enough to say ME! Two baby showers in one week. That is exhausting and fun at the same time! 

This shower is at Greenwich Country Club with 24 of the most amazing women I am blessed to call my FRIENDS and clients. To me, since they are almost all a tad bit older than me, are considered my big sisters! There are a few girls who are my age, and they are like my sisters separated at birth!. These women have been in my life for almost 8 years! I love them all! We are one big happy family.

Mary, Robin, Priscilla and Kelly all hosted this shower! Kelly was stuck in Bermuda because of a hurricane, so unfortunately, she wasn't able to be there.. We all missed her!

When I arrived, I could not believe my eyes! The table settings in pink, the breeze blowing, partly cloudy outside, but still so nice to be outside overlooking the golf course, and a patio filled with GORGEOUS women! Everyone knew one another, so it was nice to watch everyone having conversations, sharing some laughs and enjoying such delicious food! Every so often I would look around in amazement that I have built relationships with EVERY woman in that room! I have grown so close to these women, they know so much about me, my life and who I really am as a woman, not just a trainer or wellness coach.


The Hosts and Me!
Priscilla, Mary, Tina & Robin


Priscilla, Barbara and Katie (tan & white dress)
 I didn't bring my big camera, and I don't have a small one. I kinda felt strange carrying my iPhone, however, I needed to snap some pics of this gorgeous day! I have been training Priscilla for almost 7 years, Katie for 3 years and Mario has been training Barbara for many years! 

Michelle, Susan, Mary, Kori, Marny
The women in the pic to the right are my clients as well. Michelle is a great friend to me and I have been training her for about 5 years, Susan is Mary's sister whom is such a hilarious beautiful fit hot momma. I just started training her in the beginning of the summer. Mary has been with me for 3 years and Kori came back to me after having her little twins Sophie & Jack 18 months ago! Marny on the end has been with us at the Fitness Center since day one and trains with me every so often, but a HUGE fan of Beverly International Muscle Provider. She is as feisty and "WITH IT" as they come. She is super spiritual, funny, caring and has a huge heart! Again, all gorgeous!

Tina & Elizabeth


This is Elizabeth. She has been with me almost a year. Elizabeth trains with me at my other location. I don't train anyone else at this club except for her She is GORGEOUS, super smart, funny and has two beautiful boys who are just a delight! Oh did I mention she also has a pretty awesome blog?


This is Peggy. Peggy isn't my client, but she and her husband are at the fitness center working hard. If you remember my blog post about our first trip to Cape Cod, Peggy's house is where we stayed. Can you say STUNNING? I'm talking Peggy and her gorgeous Cape home!
everyone socializing & having a great time

So, just as we finish lunch, the black clouds come rolling in along with the hard raindrops that follow, and we are forced to go inside to have dessert and open presents. The chef made his specialty dessert which is Peach Cobbler. Um, I'm embarrassed to say I have never had it before, and now I know why! It's sooooo delicious! Luckily I was too busy opening gifts to INHALE the who dish! It was savory, sweet hot and cold from the ice cream on top.
 Sitting there opening BABY gifts was so surreal to me. First, I still can't believe I have this little miracle growing in my belly soon to arrive in less than seven weeks... But to sit here and open these teeny little clothes for this teeny little baby girl, I was just beside myself! 
My heart melted a little more as I opened each gift, falling more in love with this baby. Could I love her anymore than I already do? You betcha! Once she comes into this world, I'm going to inhale her! 

Robin, Priscilla and Mary all made such beautiful speeches and said how lucky they were to have me in their lives and they thanked me for what I have done for them over the years, yet there isn't one single way in which I can thank them for molding me into the person I am today. It's because I watch them, I listen to them, and those are the women I call PERFECT role models for ME. I aspire to have a little bit of each of these women in me, year after year as I grow as a woman, wife, mother and friend. These are  the women I choose to surround myself with each day.

Not going back to work to train them and see them everyday was one of the hardest decisions I had to make, and truly felt pulled in two directions... Have the chance to stay home and raise this little blessing of a baby or go back to work and train my favorite girls each day- It was a hard decision, but I must say they all agree, Baby Sasha needs her mommy, so for now, I will be home, but never far from my girls. Luckily, little Sasha has plenty of GORGEOUS outfits that she can wear on our little visits to Greenwich..... probably every week!

So, do I feel I am blessed? Absolutely- God is good to me. DO I feel lucky? YUP! Lucky like the number 7! I am full of grace, happiness and love.

Thank you to all the women I have shared the last eight years with!

No comments:

Post a Comment