Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, August 24, 2013

How to pick your nursery furniture

The most exciting thing I have done in the past almost eight months aside from FINALLY getting pregnant is when I designed Baby G's nursery. I LOVE everything I picked and I am so happy I took my time and did over the course of eight months.

As soon as I was about four months pregnant, I got busy trying to find the PERFECT crib and dresser! I was so adamant about NOT spending a lot of money especially since Baby G will be our last baby. This momma is done! So I searched high and low. I started with Buy Buy Baby who had some great pieces on line, however when you go in person and look, they look cheesy and cheap- SO not my style. I went and looked at Baby's R Us, and the same thing, and not only that but most of them get delivered in a box on your steps. No thanks! I want the delivery guys to put it together and take the boxes with them! So just a few pointers there. I looked at Ikea, Giggles and Crate and Barrel, but these places to me were very bare and plain. I wanted something a little more elegant, chic, and something she could grow into until she was about seven to eight years old. Going back and forth on Pottery Barn, I felt they were the best option for what I was looking for:

1. Quality
2. Price
3. Longevity (she can grow into her furniture until she is at least eight)
4. Delivery and set up options
5. looks


Waiting and watching until things went on sale, slowly, I ordered a piece here and there at a time. I decided on the Catalina Nursery Furniture. It's not too bulky and very feminine for our little girl.  

Having two extra bedrooms in our place, we decided on the room next to our bedroom, since it was much bigger and had a bigger closet. She is a girl after all, and will need lots of room for all her dresses! I didn't order two dressers as I would have liked to. Instead I ordered a dresser that is also a changing table where the top pice can come off once she is too big to be changed up there. I also ordered some shelves for her closet. Most of her things will be hung up anyway. What was very important to both Mario and I was a bookshelf. We want her shelf to be filled and stuffed with books to read to her.


 Here you can see we have a head start on her library of books. It's still quite bare, but have no fear, we will make sure this baby has TONS of reading material!

I love this dresser because as she grows, and wants to pick her own clothes, she will be able to reach her drawers, well, the second and third shelf at least. I would show you the side pocket piece on there, but it has her name embroidered and we aren't sharing that news yet. It does have three pockets on each side for her wipes and but cream. It's so much prettier in person.




Her little nightstand too can be used as storage. I know I will change the green container into a lined wooden one soon. I can just tell. For now, it's ok. 










In the next post, I will talk closet storage and organization!
Stay tuned!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment