Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, July 8, 2013

A day at the beach...

Gorgeous weekend huh? Oh yea, well here in NY it's been super hot, and while I NEVER complain about the heat, being pregnant forces me to complain. It's HOT!

Saturdays we normally don't do much, but Sundays we try to do things especially in the summer. One of our favorite beach spots is in Southhampton NY- Cooper's Beach. We map out our whole entire day. On Saturday, I went and got Mario and myself a yummy fresh off the bone turkey breast wrap with avocado, lettuce tomato and mustard, some corn salad as well as some chick pea salad. I packed some water, ice in the cooler and also packed up our chairs, towels, SUNBLOCK and my ipod!

We left our house at 7am, and arrived at the Hampton Maid Inn at 8:30. Breakfast there is a MUST and a tradition by now. Watching all the parents with their little kids and babies made us realize that next summer, that will be us with our Little G! By then she will be 8 months old! We are so excited to just have her here, can you tell!?!?

We got to the beach by 9:45, and couldn't get over the breeze and the coolness in the air! It's always cooler by the water, especially out there.  You have to be really careful though. As much as I put 30 sunblock on my face, wore a hat and my big Jacki O sunglasses, I forgot about my body- It's Mario's fault. I had to put sunscreen on his face! I fried my chest neck, knees and feet more red than a lobster! The scary thing is that you can't feel the sun beating on you. It's so breezy and cool, plus the spray from the ocean, you almost always have to wear a very high sunscreen!

Mario hates getting his pics taken, but he agrees when Little G arrives, he will become MISTER "I LOVE PICS". He loves taking pregnancy pics of me- he's a weirdo! I love it though, I can't wait to show her how proud her mommy was to carry her for 9 months!



So after some fun in the sun, we decided 3 hours was enough on the beach, besides, I can't lay on my belly, so it was REALLY time! We had our great little lunch up on the shaded deck, showered off and went to the amazing MAIN STREET. This street is filled with glamorous shops, sexy cars galore and the best restaurants. We decided to head over to Juice Press, which just opened! I got the Spicy Citrus, which had grapefruit, lemon, orange, ginger and loads of cayenne! The first thing I thought was "Oh my, this baby is just started to get her sense of taste, I hope I don't ruin it for her with the cayenne!" I still have half a bottle, the stuff is so potent!

So it was an awesome day at the beach for us, as it always is... minus the silly sunburn! :O)

Wednesday can't get here FAST ENOUGH! Time for my monthly check up at Greenwich Hospital, we get to see Little G on the big screen again to see how much more she has developed! I LIVE for these moments until I can have her in my arms......



No comments:

Post a Comment