Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, June 24, 2013

What a great weekend!

At Grand Central
We had a fantastic weekend! Saturday I got to sleep in! Well, until 7:00 that is... Usually I am up by 6:15, but my client Elizabeth switched to Sunday morning instead. Saturdays are a day where Mario runs to each of our locations (8 Fitness Centers) in addition to his PT clients. I only usually have Elizabeth and my daughter Heather.

After Mario was done with work, and working out, we decided it was so gorgeous out that we went for a walk down by the Mamaroneck Harbor, just to move a little and get some breezy fresh air.

Sunday I woke up and went to train my girl Elizabeth and ran home to shower and get ready for our day in NYC. We figured we would take the train into Grand Central and hop in a cab from there.  The train was new, cold because the AC was pumping and to our surprise, PACKED! If any day were the perfect day for NYC, it was yesterday.
We couldn't BELIEVE it when we go in, how many people were there! It looked like a weekday, minus the briefcases and business suits!


Catching a cab is always fun, in NYC right? Well, it was easy let's say that much, HOWEVER, the cab driver thought he was a race car driver, and I didn't find it funny at all. I wanted to yak on his head! He was pissing me off, and I just continued to grip Mario's leg tight, and pray we make it safely to Battery Park! HELLO! Pregnant lady in the taxi you douche bag! UGH!

We caught the Staten Island Ferry to go see the Statue of Liberty and the beautiful Freedom Tower. The Ferry was packed, but we got a great view outside (thankfully) with the amazing breeze, view and sites. You would think we were tourists... We love taking pics and looking at the sites in NYC, especially now that the Freedom Tower stands in all her glory! The Statue of Liberty sure has some competition now as far as who gets the most pics taken lately! HA!
Here are some of our pics from the incredible views:








I couldn't help but to think about THAT DAY 9/11... and if people were on the Ferry, did they see the buildings get hit? Go down? I got a little emotional and held back the tears thinking of the sadness and misery, but at the same time, how WE as a Nation fought back by building again, building a STRONGER community of people. Look at that tower! It signifies to me: STRENGTH, COURAGE, LOVE, FREEDOM and UNITY.


The ferry was beautiful! Hoping back in a cab now to head to the Meatpacking District which I ADORE because of all the shopping, I thought for a second how proud I was of myself. I was sweating my ass off almost 6 months pregnant and hanging in today like a TROOPER! We did so much walking and standing, it was time for a FABULOUS lunch at Fig & Olive! One of my FAVORITE places to eat!  This pregnant lady needed WATER and food. I started with the Fig & Olive Salad with consisted of juicy figs and bitter little olives, that tasted like a circus in my mouth! It comes with gorganzola cheese, which is a no-no on my list, but they added two slivers of Goat cheese, which was so fresh and delish! Then for my main dish, I ordered the Italian Omelet- without the cheese. It was FABULOUS, FILLING and SO yummy! That lunch HIT THE SPOT!

The highline.
We walked up to the HIGHLINE- which is my FAVORITE place in ALL of NYC! It's finished construction and building so looks AMAZING! Lots of beds of flowers and beautiful plants and greens EVERYWHERE. Seats to sun bath in, tables and chairs to eat and lots of little artisanal booths set up where locals sell their creation like FRESH ice pops!









 It was rather crowded up there, so we walked for a little and then headed downstairs to the Chelsea Market.
On our way, we bumped into this little FIAT!

A REAL little FIAT
All in all, my belly hung in there, baby moved each time I wasn't and I felt so great just walking and being with my husband. I love days like this and can't wait for LITTLE G to be with us.........


No comments:

Post a Comment