Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Friday, March 29, 2013

Working this little belly!

It's been years since I did the typical bodybuilder workout. To be honest, Once i started wearing a heart rate monitor going back to like 2008, I realized that I could gain lean muscle AND burn LOTS of calories, but keeping my heart rate up- Circuit training. 

Even now that I am pregnant, I refuse to workout like a bodybuilder. 3 sets of one exercise, before you move on to the next- THAT is BORING. I'm way too hyper to workout like that. I also have gotten the BEST results training my body the way I like, and NOT how "everyone else" does it. 

I have been creating some very efficient workouts for myself for this first trimester. I may not be able to do my box jumps and my sprints, jumping rope like Rocky and burps, but I don't need to right now. 

This pregnancy is so special to me, I don't want to risk or worry about this little "olive" (the size of the baby now). I am smart about listening to my body. RIght now this baby is making me so tired, that I am lucky if I can push through 45 minutes of working out, so in that 45 minutes, I need to get as much in as possible. I try to workout at least 3-4 days a week. Some days I don't want to do a thing except for sleep. If I take one day off, I make sure the next day I do SOMETHING.

Yesterday I worked out for 35 minutes and today I lasted 37 minutes. Sounds kinda pathetic for a normal NON-pregnant woman, but for a woman in her first trimester who went through IVF, I could care less what ANYONE says. Each woman is different. I consider myself an athlete. I train for 1/2 marathons and am used to being in the gym 6-7 days a week. I have to say it's honestly nice right now to be able to rest, take it easy and also give my hard worked body a break.

The foods I eat are amazing for me. I try to eat 5-7 small meals, because if I eat large meals, I get super nauseous. I really don't want to yak, so I (again) listen to what my body wants and needs.

We went for an ultrasound with my OBGYN yesterday, and it went GREAT. I will be seeing Dr. Reiss in Rye, NY. He is super cool, very professional and guess what! His practice is just him! So I will always see him and no one else. NOT a fan of big practices. I want one-on-one attention for this baby. We are 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant. the baby was moving like crazy on the ultrasound. It's sooo cool that this olive sized baby is already going nuts in my belly! The heart beat was nice and strong and loud! It was beating 188 BPM when we were there. 

I will go back in 2 weeks for the 21 Chromosome testing... It's a little nerve racking, but staying postive will get us through it. 

Off to make a hot chocolate protein almond milk... Snack time! :O)

PS.  I will be posting my first trimester workouts very soon! :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment