Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, March 25, 2013

Nausea OH! Nausea!

It's set in BIG TIME! I wake up starving but nauseous at the same time- It stinks! Usually I need to have big meals around 5-5 times a day. Since I am pregnant, I have been eating super small meals, and more on the bland side. I notice some things I LOVE, I can't eat right now. I usually LOVE the smell of fresh Basil. and now I want to vomit when I smell it. The sight of lentils makes me get quezzy in my belly too. I try to stick to Ezekiel toast, plain oatmeal, quinoa (although the smell is starting to bother me) and brown rice pasta.

I love drinking ginger, lemon water made at home or from a place called Meli-Melo. I boil water with about an inch of fresh diced ginger. Once it's boiled, I shut the heat, cover it and and let the ginger steep. Once I am ready to drink it, I squeeze 1/2 a lemon in a mug, pour in the hot ginger water, and add a teaspoon of honey. YUM. The ginger SORT of helps with the nausea, but I'm getting to the point where I may need a prescription from my Dr. . 

Haven't gained anything and in the first trimester, I think they say you should gain up to 4 pounds. I think I am still holding on to the IVF water retention. I weighed in at 117lbs. I do feel softer compared to where I was before all of this. I was super defined and now, I still have shape but not as hard. I haven't worked out since the day before my egg transfer back in the begining of February.  I mess around here and there with the weights when I am at work or at home, but nothing to really brag about.  I think because I eat so clean, I am able to maintain what I have.

This morning I made a shake:

  • 1 cup frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 scoop Vitol (egg white) Protein powder
  • 1 tbsp bee pollen
  • 1 tbsp. peanut butter (craving it)
  • 8 oz. almond milk
It's DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment