Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting my ducks in a row!

Never think because you are super healthy, super fit and super strong that you can have a baby just like that! Prime example: I am 40 years old- I live one of the cleanest most boring lifestyles you can imagine. Boring meaning, we don't go out, we don't drink, we live at the  gym or at home, and we really don't even go out  to eat. I mean BORING! For Mario & I, it's our lifestyle and to us, it's sooo not boring! In order to get the tubal reversal, I had to go through some routine blood tests:



  1. FSH Test- a test to asses my ovary function and reserve of eggs
  2. Complete blood count (CBC)
  3. HIV-1 antibody
  4. Hepatitis B surface antigen
  5. Hepatitis C antibody
No problem! I'm so healthy! Go ahead, take my blood! Yup! I was sitting here so happy and confident that everything would come back 100% a-ok! Within 24 hours, I called Chapel Hill to get some more info done over the phone. The nurse told me my FSH level was a little high. SO confused, I asked what that meant. My heart started to pound and I got nervous! She told me that the NORMAL range is 4.7-13 and mine was 14.8. Ok so it's NOT 25! Why is this nurse freaking me out right now? I haven't even had my surgery yet! Sheesh! 

Well, if you know me, You know as soon as I hung up with her in a panic, I researched over a thousand websites about FSH levels, fertility in my 40's, and anything I could find to enlighten myself. When Mario came home, I told him and the tears started to fall! I was so worried!! What if I go through this surgery and NOTHING happens! I will die! Mario calmed me down- and I listened to him (which is NOT something I usually do).


I came across so many helpful websites on how to get MORE fertile, and How to lower FSH levels... 


I realized I have SO many things GOING for me!


1. I'm in incredible shape!
2. I eat cleaner then EVERYONE I know.
3. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs
4. I do NOT eat processed foods or BAD fat
5. I am 90% Vegan, with the exception of Pole caught Tuna & Ethical eggs
6. I workout and run everyday
7. I am NOT underweight
8. I already have two children


I also realized I have something AGAINST me (MAYBE)
1. I am 40 years old! UGH!


I am not going to STRESS over it! I am going get the surgery, and have sex sex sex! LOL! I am kidding! I tease my husband all the time! No seriously, I am going to continue doing what I do everyday. I know with a positive mind, I will get pregnant sooner than later! 


Here are some things to help me with fertility....
Since I am 40 years old, and age IS in fact a factor in getting pregnant, I have to plan accordingly. 


* A fertility Monitor
* A basal thermometer
* A GREAT diet!


Today's Blog is about Nutrition, and foods to increase fertility.... SO you may think that your diet has NOTHING to do with how fertile you may or may not be, but you are wrong. SO many women who can not get pregnant have the wrong diets, whether they are UNDER WEIGHT or OVER WEIGHT. 


I'm not going to tell you there are some foods that are like MAGIC to get you knocked up- but eating a well balanced diet will improve your chances. As you know from my other blog fit green goddess, I eat clean, I mean really clean. NO red meat, no poultry no dairy (6 years). I do not eat processed foods and No JUNK, or sugar. SO this is a PLUS for me! I think, anyway.


As always, anyone looking to have a baby should IMMEDIATELY start with a pre-natal vitamin with folic acid. Folic acid will help to reduce the risks of birth defects. Pre-natal vitamins have a little MORE than regular multivitamins. Pre-Natals have MORE calcium, iron and folic acid.


SO here are the foods I found to be the BEST for you body when trying to get pregnant...


* Dairy: Great for reproductive health, however you must be careful...overdo the ice cream, yogurt and cheese- you will gain weight- gain weight and you lower your chances of getting pregnant. I am DAIRY FREE for 6 years due to being severely Lactose intolerant.... SO I have to get my calcium elsewhere.


*Protein sources: The IRON in Lean meats like chicken and turkey are screaming your name! Iron definitely helps to build up your fertility. Be warned though: STAY AWAY from HIGH FAT meats like bacon or pork tenderloin. You must also keep your protein servings to 3-4 oz per serving. For Vegans like myself, I have to eat MORE quinoa, tofu and beans. I also have IRON in my pre-natal. OCCASIONALLY (maybe even more so now) I will eat some ground Buffalo or Bison, which is REALLY lean and loaded with iron &  protein.


*Fish: Wild salmon and sardines are tops of the fish. They are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids. These fats will increase blood flow to your reproductive organs. If you are like me and don't eat fish, try CHIA SEEDS, try FLAX SEEDS, almonds, pumpkinseeds and eggs that have DHA. 


*Complex carbs: LOSE the white carbs! Trade them in for the brown carbs... No more white rice, have BLACK rice instead. No more White pasta, have Brown rice pasta instead. No more white potatoes, have YAMS instead. No more rice cakes, have BROWN rice rice cakes- Catch my drift? You want to keep your insulin down. You don't want ANYTHING to bother your reproductive hormones and your menstrual cycle. Want to promote regular ovulation??? Eat the brown and other colored carbs, and toss the whites!


*Berries: We already know HOW AMAZNIG blueberries are for you and HOW STRONG they are in fighting off free radicals in the body, right? Well guess what! Your eggs are cells too. Keep them strong! Choose Blueberries and raspberries Over the rest! Frozen or fresh are fine.


*Yams: An ovulating stimulating veggie that is so delish just baked in the oven. It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to eat these orange beauties! We have them baking in the oven at least 2 times a week. Sprinkle some cinnamon and PRESTO!


Here are some other foods that I already eat but you may want to start eating if you aren't already...


These foods are loaded with Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B9, B12
  • Brazil Nuts, dried figs, Mangosteen and egg yolks... 
  • Avocado, dried apricots and mackerel..
  • Tuna, dried dates and plums... 
  • watermelon, avocado, salmon
  • walnuts, bananas, apples
  • strawberries, grapes oranges
These foods are load with Carotenes
  • dried apricots, carrots, tomatoes, persimmon
  • mango, watermelon
  • Salmon, Tuna and egg yolks
These foods are loaded with Vitamin C
  • guava, black currants, kiwi
  • strawberries, lemon and oranges
These foods are loaded with Vitamin E
  • Brazil nuts, hazel nuts 
  • walnuts, salmon, egg yolks, blueberries
  • avocado, mango, peach, plums, grapes
These foods are loaded with vitamin K1
  • avocado, kiwi, egg yolks
  • plums, hazelnuts, grapes
These foods are loaded with Vitamin D:

  • SUN! Fish, egg yolks
These foods are loaded with Calcium
  •  Hazelnuts, dried currants, figs, egg yolk, 
  • Brazil nuts, and olives 
  • walnuts, raisins, oranges, kiwis and mandarins 
These foods are loaded with Magnesium:

  • Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, 
  • papaya, coconut and banana
These foods are loaded with 
Zinc
  • Brazil nuts, egg yolk 
  • Oysters, Walnuts, hazelnuts, currants, figs, salmon, coconut 
These foods are loaded with 
Selenium
  • Coconuts 
  • Brazil nuts 
  • tuna, mackerel, salmon and egg yolk 
These foods are loaded with 
Phosphorus and Sulfur
  • egg yolk and fish
These foods are loaded with 
Chloride
  • MOST fruits, egg yolk, mackerel, coconut, 
  • dried dates, bananas and kiwis contain chloride.
These foods are loaded with 
Potassium
  • All foods (including fruits) contain plenty of potassium.
These foods are loaded with Sodium:

  • Especially fish, egg yolk, kumquat, 
  • dried figs, dried dates, coconut 
These foods are loaded with 
Iodine

  • Egg yolk, bananas, mango
  • Seafish & seaweed

These foods are loaded with 
Fluoride
  • Egg yolk, raisins, dried apricots

These foods are loaded with 
Iron
  • Fish, egg yolk, dried fruits, hazelnuts, 
  • Brazil nuts, coconut, olives

These foods are loaded with 
Chromium
  • Brazil nuts, dates and hazelnuts

SO! What am I going to do with this enormous list of INCREDIBLE foods? I'm going to put together an incredible meal plan, eat and be as healthy as I can so I can be FERTILE MYRTLE!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment