Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, July 20, 2013

How we picked our pediatrician.

Back when I had Heather-21 years ago, I don't recall having the option to "INTERVIEW" or go search for my baby's doctor. I recall giving birth, and the hospital picked one for me, and so that's how it went. Same thing for my son 19 years ago. Well times have changed and as parents we have way more options and choices.

Today if you talk to ANY mother they will either BRAG about their pediatrician or they will tell you to find another one because they aren't happy with theirs. So since I work with some pretty incredible moms, I decided to ask around to see who everyone LOVED and why. In the meantime, my OBGYN gave me a "NEW BEGINNINGS" packet to bring home and read over. In the packet were a list of Greenwich Hospitals top picks for pediatricians. So one by one, I went on google, looked them up and read about them, and how they run their practice.

Here are some of the things Mario and I were looking for:

  • Is the Dr. Accepting new patients
  • How many years in the practice
  • Areas of specialty
  • Office hours, and do they offer weekend visits?
  • Views on alternative/holistic medicine
  • policy on antibiotics/ do they try alternatives before prescribing meds?
  • How long would my baby wait in the waiting room
  • Are sick children in a different waiting room
  • how long do you spend with each patient
  • Does Dr. accept calls for routine & non-emergency questions?
  • What hospital does Dr work with
  • Schedule for baby check ups
We picked the Dr. we wanted to interview first. His name is Erik Cohen of Next Generation Pediatrics. He spent a whole hour and 15 minutes with Mario and I and in depth answered EVERYONE of our questions! He went above and beyond.

Let's just say that when we left the office, I looked at Mario and said we do not need to interview any other Dr. I am all set! I know our baby G will be in great hands with this doctor and his staff!

You can check him out as well as his office: Next Generation Pediatrics If you are in the Greenwich CT area... and having a baby or don't like your current Dr...... This could be your guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment