Countdown to meeting Baby G!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Friday, May 10, 2013

A MUCH needed pedicure and a smoothie to drool over!

In the fitness world (my world), having protein smoothies and shakes are a "STAPLE" in your diet. So I know it may sound like a long time to YOU, but I have been drinking protein shake for 20+ years now! They are a GREAT way to get QUICK protein back into your body to replenish your muscles after working out. Protein replenishes, repairs and recovers your muscles for growth. 

Being pregnant, especially having to go through my first trimester in the winter, SUCKS! I'm ALWAYS cold, no matter what I have on and no matter how high I pump the heat! Having an ice cold shake in the winter doesn't work very well for me, as I would SHIVER for hours after I was done drinking it.  So, I have been longing for my amazing smoothies for weeks!!! 

Today was a PERFECT day! My house is warm, because it's hot out today, and while I didn't work out, having extra protein and greens with some frozen berries was JUST WHAT I NEEDED!

Having organic fruits and greens in my smoothies along with some protein is a great way to make both Momma and Baby happy!  Are you pregnant? Trying to get pregnant?? Start having smoothies and try my recipe!

Pregnant Goddess Smoothie:

  • 1/2 banana (small)
  • 1 cup organic wild frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup organic frozen strawberries
  • 2 tbsp. bee pollen
  • 1 scoop Green Vibrance
  • 9 oz. water
  • ice (optional)
Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and smooth.

With my hair skin and nails growing like WEEDS lately, if I didn't get a pedicure today, my sneakers would all need to be cut open at the toes, because my toe nails were that long! I love soaking my feet in the super hot water with the jets going on my tired feet! They are not super swollen yet, but I know it's coming, I can feel it! 
Years ago I used to get red toe polish with little white dots only on the big toes, it was my trademark in the summer... This summer, it's a FUSCHIA color with white dots. The lady looked at me like I had three heads, so I looked back at her! PA-LEASE! Do NOT mess with a pregnant hormonal woman! Sheesh! Give me what I want! SO, what do ya think? I'm also in LOVE with my $5 flops from Old Navy! THEY ROCK!

Have a FABULOUS weekend and Mother's Day! Can't wait to report back to you on Monday. I'm sure my lovie will plan something super nice! 

Just incase you had your baby or you aren't pregnant yet, you should take a gander at my crazy blog (the other one) workouts and recipes galore! Staying Fit & Lean




No comments:

Post a Comment